Saturday, January 07, 2006

I am becoming obsessed with my iPod



It has been eleven hours...

My computer has locked up an estimated seventeen times. I have used the phrase "filthy fucking whore" exactly seven times. I sustained a slight wrist injury tripping over a pile of CDs around 3:45 PM. I am still wearing my pajamas, although I have been wearing the Greek all afternoon.

But I cracked 3,000 songs on my iPod as of several hours ago. Huzzah! I absolutely love this thing. I have approximately seventy more CDs that I own that I still have to rip. I have been walking around my apartment with it on shuffle, and with each song mentally congratulating myself on my excellent taste in music. Seriously, I am at 51 songs as of right now, and I only skipped one Moody Blues track.

My only non-iPod related accomplishments of today were transcribing Shouts & Murmurs column from The New Yorker and emailing it to several people. I anticipate bafflement in response. I also read a fascinating series of articles in The Economist regarding studies in human evolution. Apparently, after a volcanic eruption in Sumatra, the population of Homo sapiens may have dropped to perhaps 2,000 individuals. The town I grew up in is just now hitting 2,000 individuals. That might explain a few things...

3 Comments:

Blogger Katy C. said...

I can share in your obsession over a new IPOD. I received mine last week and I've been slowly adding songs as well. While I haven't cracked 3,000 I am over the 2,500 mark. My latest acquisition for my new toy was iTrip. The iTrip had some mixed reviews on Apple's site, but I haven't had any of the problems mentioned as of yet.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT??? Why would you skip a Moody Blues track?

3:57 PM  
Blogger wallrock said...

Anna Leigh - I think it was "Gemini Dreams." I just wasn't in the mood for that one.

k8e - I got this Road Trip by Griffin. I like how it works, but I keep noticing this high-pitched electronic whine that seems to change pitch with my engine. The noise is way too distracting.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home