Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Look What Happened

I've been exceedingly busy at work lately, that's no secret. Today while dashing off various emails and answering way too many phone calls I had a moment of shocking deja vu. I heard the same song twice while my iPod was on shuffle! (and one of my favorite songs to boot!) Now this may not be a shock for most people or even all that interesting, but I have a 60 GB iPod stuffed to the gills (14,279 songs) and I listen to it all day long. When I have it on shuffle I never hear the same song twice (though once I remember hearing two songs off the same album play in succession, in order). So I took a momentary break to get to the bottom of this mystery.



Here's how it happened: around 1:50 PM the song "Look What Happened" off of Anthem by Less Than Jake came up. This is one of my favorite LTJ songs and although I'm not a big fan of Anthem I do really like this song. But here's the thing - LTJ had recorded this very song on their previous album, Borders & Boundaries. So when this very track came up almost one hour later at around 2:50 PM I immediately took notice.

Sometimes a very minor thing comes along and gives you a break from all the hassle and headache of a busy day. This is what made my day OK. (Also, dig that shuffle mix - eclectic indeed, but it could have been much, much more so had the German techno come up)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home