Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall in Wisconsin

On the tail end of my trip last week I had one last site in northern Wisconsin. I was worn ragged by three days on the road but I was looking forward to getting the trip over with. I was pretty tired too, but the discovery of a new coffee shop off of 53 near Chippewa Falls (The Coffee Grounds is now a must-stop) fueled my journey both north and south. The weather was mostly cloudy and a little brisk. The sun would pop out of the clouds for brief intervals but for the most part it was a gray October day. Some people I know aren't what you'd call fond of this weather but this has always been my favorite time of year. I love the chill in the air and the smell of the leaves in the ground. After spending my entire life here I suppose I take the color of the season for granted but every so often the reality of the beauty shocks me into recognition. Even past the peak, the colors in the forest at this site were a site to behold.No matter how long the trip, I usually come away at least somewhat refreshed. Yes, I'm always physically tired after logging so many miles, but getting out and experiencing fall like this mentally recharges me for the upcoming office-bound weeks of work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Celia said...

Fall is definitely my favorite WI season :)

12:05 PM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Fall is so gorgeous. It just doesn't last long enough.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home