Friday, January 13, 2006

Don't Know How To Party

I told myself that last night was my night for rest. I would at least have time for a quick post. This week to date has been a rough one. I haven't even regaled you with my weekly poker post yet. I promised myself that I wasn't going out - no drinking, no carousing, just recharge. I think you all know where this is leading...

I was staying late at work trying to wrap up a report. Two people from work invited me out for a drink at the Bristled Boar, which is conveniently located one block from my place. I didn't stay out long, only until around 7, but when I got back to my place I decided that one more would taste pretty good. Mind you, I haven't had anything to eat at this point. Then I decided to watch a movie and have another. By 9 I was in the bag.

I'd like to say tonight will be the night I wind it down, but that just isn't that likely.

And now to veer off slightly off topic, here's a little story about the Mighty Mighty Bosstones:

Back in high school E Eugene and I both owned this album. On a snowy Saturday in February he drove us up to Madison to take the ACT exams. I spent the entire drive up berating him for being 20 minutes late as well as cursing Dane County for not properly clearing County Road D. I have always felt great fear for the prospect of being late. The ACTs went fine for me, although E Eugene neglected to use the facilities prior to the exam and consequently his mind was not on the subject at hand during the Science and Reasoning portion of the exam.

On the drive home we decided to play the best track of the album, "Someday I Suppose," on repeat at maximum volume while turning on the death heat in his VW Jetta and blasting it in E Eugene's face. In Verona I opened the sunroof, dumping a load of snow down the back of E Eugene's collar. We were laughing like fools. By the time we reached Dayton, E Eugene was at the breaking point and jumped out of his moving car as he pulled into my parents' driveway.

Ahh, to be in high school again, back when I managed to have fun without the aid of alcohol.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're right... those were the days. Everything was hilarious and ridiculously fun, no booze required.

1:40 PM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

I got a good laugh out of that story!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

No booze required and your boyfriend never said "no" to fooling around. We just didn't know how good we had it..

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home