Thursday, June 19, 2008

Greetings from Ontonagon, MI

This week has been a busy one so far. I currently find myself in a hotel on the shore of Lake Superior (sound familiar?), enjoying a pleasant morning before I head off toward L'Anse, Ishpeming and Escanaba. Yesterday I covered four sites ranging from west of Eau Claire to here in Ontonagon. Quite a haul. There really was no doubt once I saw how the itinerary worked out - I came up to Ontonagon as a teenager for a family vacation and as a Boy Scout for a late fall hike in the Porcupine Mountains. It is a beautiful region of Midwest and there are few things I enjoy as much as being on Lake Superior.

I've got a few pictures from the beach last night and this morning, and I'll post these once I get back.

UPDATE: Here are a few images from Ontonagon.

After dinner and a few delicious South Shore Nut Browns, I sat on the beach and watched the sun set. Here's the view:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home