Monday, January 15, 2007

Martini Party


This last Saturday I ventured over to the Chalet for E & C's Martini Party. It was the second time this event has occurred, and I was determined not to relive the events of last February. This only required the self-control to limit myself to less than five of the aforementioned concoctions. I am happy to report that I was successful in this regard. It was a fun time had by all.

It was especially good to see a couple of old friends from back in the college days. Back in 2001-02 I lived in an apartment with E & C on the outskirts of campus. Our upstairs neighbors ended up becoming good friends. We used to drink Pabst in the front yard and generally have a good time. It was one of the best years I've ever had. So I was very excited to hear that Upstairs Eric was coming down from Fond du Lac with his lovely wife Jenny. I believe the last time I'd seen these two was way back at E & C's wedding. There was plenty of the requisite reminiscence, fueled in part by plentiful quantities of gin. The only downside to the night was the relentless headache I developed several hours into the party. I suppose the upside of this was that it did prevent me from imbibing enough to cause an even worse headache the next day. Still, that's a consolation prize I'd rather do without.

One couple was notably absent from the festivites: AE and Rebecca. Their excuse passes muster, however: Rebecca gave birth just last week. Congratulations to both of them. I look forward to meeting young Aubrey, and perhaps joining forces with Rebecca to ensure her progeny is raised a proper Cub fan. If it were left to AE, the poor kid would be rooting for the Brew Crew. I just can't let that tragedy happen. Because this season will be THE season they go all the way. I can just feel it. Sure, I say that every year, but this year I mean it!

Prior to the weekend I journeyed up to the Mesabi Range in northern MN. I've got a pretty sweet picture of the Saturn next to a pristine frozen lake that I'll try to get up tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Sounds like a good time! Did they have little swords in the martinis?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the Saturn pic. And by the way I just needed to restart to get youtube to work.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home