Monday, February 20, 2006

The Game Pt. 2

Let me preface this by stating that I have already tried several other posts on the Shitbox at home, all being more descriptive than this will be. The Shitbox took these from me, and was punished accordingly. I am wrapping up here at work and will utilize a computer that I do not regularly beat to talk a bit more about the game.


I left off with everyone waiting for the bus to get to the assembly point in Sun Prairie. My entourage and I picked up a decent assortment of brew, consisting of Berghoff Lager, Esser's Cross Plains Special and Molson Canadian. We also bought a pack of brats and assorted condiments. Despite the bus getting lost on the way to the assembly point, we were off and running at a good time. We all crack a fresh one and we're on our way. Our only limitation to unbridled fun in the absence of a restroom on the bus. Fortunately our driver, Gary, is sympathetic to our plight and offers to stop on a regular basis.

We arrived in Green Bay in no time at all. Maybe it was the drinking and carousing that was going on, but I thought we made record time. We drove around for a while looking for a place to park the rig and set up the grill. One memory that sticks with me is the image of snowmobile-suited parking attendants giving us conflicting directions in thick "Up Nort" accents. After shuffling around a bit and being told that we were on the wrong side of the stadium, we just gave the guy $40 and got a prime spot near the Buckys.

We fired up the grill and started tailgating in earnest. The temperature was just about perfect, for February at least. We had seen a bit of snow on the way up around Appleton, and the fear was that if the snow continued the powers that be may postpone the game. Instead it was clear and crisp at Lambeau, and the temperature didn't seem excessively cold.

PART 3 Coming... I have to go home now

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dan, you're such a tease!! Did the Badgers win?!

8:22 AM  
Blogger wallrock said...

I'm sorry about that one. I was hoping to finish it, but I had to get the FedEx to the drop-box by 6:30.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

....still waiting....

2/22/06

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home